Saturday, May 18, 2013

TRAVELS: Surfing in Bagasbas Beach


Bagasbas Beach located at Daet, Camarines Norte is one of the top surfing destination in the Philippines. The Long Stretch of waves makes it more ideal for surfing especially for beginners. The sand is gray and powdery. La Union and Baler are also the top spots for surfers. Bagasbas Beach waves is like automatic as if there's a machine underneath that creates waves every second.

Surfing is part of our tour package in Calaguas Island. A10 minute-15 minute drive from the port is what you need to reach this place. For the beginners, there are trainors who are ready to assist you and orient you on the basics of surfing. Don't know how to swim? Well this beach is not that deep, it might be just below your waist. So if you're frightened that you might get drown, well think again! Yours truly is not a swimmer, but I tried surfing!

It will you cost you Php400 for an hour of surfing with one-on-one trainor plus free use of the surf board. This is affordable especially for beginners like me!





Nothing to worry because before surfing, you will have a one-on-one briefing with the trainor on the basics of surfing. In this picture, I was getting my one-on-one session with my trainor.




The beach waves might be overwhelming at first, but when you started to finally stand up on the board and feel the adrenaline rush, it was really fun! That's me! Although my stand was improper. One foot should be facing the front of the board while the other foot is perpendicular.



We dine and checked-in in this place,which is just facing the bagasbas beach. The food for me is not that great especially the laing that they served, because I have tasted the best laing in town "my nanay tita's laing" who is a True Blood Bicolana. But the people who serves are friendly and accomodating. We just stayed here for the purpose of having a place to take a shower, had our lunch/dinner and to have our things secured.


With my surf trainor




Goodbye for now Bagasbas!. Definitely another unforgettable experience I had after I have tried wakeboarding in Laguna. Surfing makes you feel like a champion, you can conquer the waves and the fear once you get the flow.

Come and visit Bagasbas Beach! It's really more fun in the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...