Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Beauty: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick




 Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream Stick(8-in-1 Skin Transformer) is the new innovation for the usual BB Cream in liquid form. This BB Cream sticks suits those who have oily skin since this tends to become powdery once applied on the face. With SPF21 PA+++, this is very favorable to protect the skin from the UV rays.

This BB cream is a multi-benefit product that combines the benefits of skincare, make-up and sunblock in a stick. It contains salicylic acid that helps clear away pores and imperfections and mineral clay that helps control shine all day.

Dermatologically tested, Recommended for oily skin/combination skin and Suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin.



Benefits: (8-in-1 benefits)

  • Controls shine 
  • Lasts all day
  • Clears
  • Refines
  • Conceals
  • Evens
  • Smoothens
  • Protects

 Based on my experience, this BB Cream is so heavy on the skin, as if you are putting cream based foundation. It tends to create powdery effect on me, which is not my type since I'm in love in dewy effect make-up. This also tends to sit on the lines on your face so better put some moisturizers on your face prior to BB Cream application.

BB Cream Stick Swatch on my hand

I bought the lightest shade which is Fresh since this is the same shade I use with the other liquid BB Cream.
This really is light on my face. Putting this alone on my face is good enough thus I don't need to put powder after.

BB Cream Stick applied evenly



Verdict:

     Pros:
  • It is affordable (Php 275)
  • Perfect for oily skin
  • Controls oil
  • Very nice on pictures when worn

   Cons:
  • Dry patches on the face (if you have dry skin)
  • I don't know but I had some breakouts while using it
  • Not my type, coz I love dewy skin

I'm still in the hunt for that perfect BB Cream. Will post some of my recent purchases soon. I am eye-ing for that Nars Sheer foundation. Do you have any suggestions? Feel free to post comments below.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...