Wednesday, August 22, 2012

BEAUTY: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation Review


According to the MAC Website: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation is a one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and a long time favourite of M∙A∙C fans.

My Studio Fix Plus Foundation Plus is now almost 8 months now that's why it has come to this appearance  lol.  But I will just make a review about this foundation. Bought this last december as a christmas gift to myself. Cost me about Php1800 which pricey for a powder. I just rode the hype since this was a keeper in most of the local celebrities' purses.


First the casing, an elegant black cover which is the trademark color of MAC. Inside is a mirror perfect for touch-ups and a white sponge separately placed just beneath.



    Here is a simple swatch of my studio fix which is in NC30 (perfect for pinays with yellow undertone).


 See? I almost hit the pan!







 The color/shade of the powder is just right. The content of the powder is quite reasonable since Ive been using this for the past 8 months and still can't finish this off. However, after a long time of thinking of buying again my HG powder which is the MAC Mineralized SkinFinish, Studio Fix Powder is just sittin now on my cabinet.. Maybe for my skin, this powder makes me look too made up and so sometimes there were zits appearing on my face from time to time. Not sure though if this pwder is the cause but from other reviews, I believe some also got zits from this powder.



                  Here's the actual swatch. The powder is finely milled and it has a matte finish.

Verdict:

Pros:
  • long lasting
  • will cover-up redness on your face
  • no need to put liquid foundation. You can use this alone and you can achieve the same result
Cons:
  •  kinda heavy on the face
  • matte finish is not appealing to me, I want some glow!
  • I get zits from time to time which I think is because of this powder (I stopped then all zits disappeared)
  • Pricey
  • The packaging tends to look luma and the label tends to be erased 
 As for me, I will not buy again MAC Fix Powde mainly because this caused me zits and Im inlove with my other powder. Also its pricey.

That's all! Till the next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...