Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beauty: How to achieve the dewy/glowing makeup look?

I know, with our tropical weather (here in the Philippines), creating Dewy look might be risky since it will tend to look like oily or greasy. But, if it is done perfectly well, it will give you that "GLOWING" look.. That lit from within aura. Actually this is my favorite look, that Jennifer Lopez dewy make-up she's been sporting.

So here's some of the products that I use on my make-up gigs and even on myself when I want to get that "GLOW".

1. NARS Orgasm Illuminator

NARS Illuminator in Orgasm is more of a peachy pink shade. How i use this? well there are 2 ways. One is is use this over powder blush. Second is use this before powder blush. All I need is a pea size amount of this product on my palm, and dub this on my cheeks and spread it evenly on my cheeks. And tadah!! Glowy cheeks! When I use this 'before powder', I tried it with my Nars Orgasm blush and it is really gorgeous!


2. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish 

MAC Smooth Merge

MAC Stereo Rose
 For my review, check this link: MAC Stereo Rose
MAC Stereo Rose, A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.(mac website)

We don't want disco balls on our cheeks. So too much of glitters in not likable, as for my preference. And yes! Thanks for MAC Mineralized SkinFinish since the glitters are tiny and the glitters doesn't scream "I have glitters on my face!!", just the right amount.

This has been staple item in many makeup artists' kit since this is very easy to use. You can wear this alone or on top of your favorite blush. You will only need to buff your blush brush on this baked powder, smile and put on your cheeks! Very very nice on pictures!

3. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural

My review on this link: MAC MSF Natural

Why this powder? Since this is mineralized, this powder once applied, has something in it that creates glow on your face. I remember that one of my client loves this. She even want to buy one for her own use. That's how good this product is. This can be applied alone after your moisturizer or after your bb cream/foundation.

4. BB Cream

For my review on this BB Cream, here's the link: beauty-loreal-uv-perfect-bb-max

Any brand will do. There is something about BB cream that I love. It is not flat (super matte) on the face. The glow is just right and it also acts as moisturizer too! So for that dewy look, I think, BB Cream is the best option instead of the usual liquid foundation. I don't own any CC Cream which is now creating waves on the makeup world, so I can't compare it with BB Cream.

Here's a picture of me rocking that dewy make-up look..

Well, that's all for now! For all the ladies out there who loves that Dewy make-up look! 

Till our next make-up session!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...